The vision of Walnut Valley Unified School District and South Pointe Middle School is to assure that all Walnut Valley students will experience an exceptional education in a supportive, safe, and healthy environment giving them the skills, ethics, and courage to achieve their dreams in the world of today and tomorrow. As educators in Walnut Valley, we believe:
- All students have the right to learn in schools focused on guiding them to become lifelong learners and to achieve at their highest levels
- Strong teaching is essential to student achievement
- It is important to instill in students the desire and skills necessary to become innovative thinkers, problem solvers, and effective decision makers - thereby contributing to society and becoming an integral part of the global community
- We enrich our community by valuing the beliefs of different cultures and individuals while respecting our American heritage
- It is important to teach and promote good health for students and staff through a strong curriculum, appropriate choices, positive examples, and by providing the programs and facilities necessary to foster healthy lifestyles
- All students and staff have the right to learn and work in a safe, clean, healthy, and supportive environment
- Integrity, fostered by personal and social responsibility, enables students and staff to make ethical choices
- Students, parents, and staff must work together for common goals through mutual respect and Districtwide collaboration
- Leadership embodies integrity, vision, commitment, courage, and the empowerment of all students and staff
- Legislators, parents, community members, and businesses must work with schools to produce a higher-quality education
- The educational process is dynamic and requires continuous creativity and innovative approaches to enrich schools and curriculum
- The effective management of resources supports and enhances the instructional program, extra-curricular opportunities, and support services
- All staff should conduct themselves with the highest degree of professionalism, respect, and courtesy.
The South Pointe Middle School community, recognizing the unique challenges that exist for our students, is committed to their successful transition through the middle school years and prepares them to be successful global citizens.
In accordance with our vision, the South Pointe students will:
… enjoy a sense of physical, emotional, and intellectual well-being.
… make responsible life choices.
… succeed as self-reliant members in a democratic society.
… become life-long learners.
To foster these goals, the South Pointe staff will provide:
… a broad-based technology-rich curriculum.
… a meaningful variety of academic, social and cultural experiences.
… a positive and safe learning environment.