Vocabulary Unit #1 Test-- Tuesday, September 10, 2019
"The Ravine" 10 question (multiple choice) quick quiz-- Friday, September 13, 2019
Grammar Review Unit #1 quiz (10 multiple choice questions)-- Friday, September 13, 2019
1) Collect "The Ravine" literature questions #1-3.
2) Grammar: Types of Sentences Handout. Due Wednesday
3) Kahoot! Review for Vocabulary Unit #1 Test TOMORROW
4) Vocabulary Unit #1 Puzzle due tomorrow
5) STUDY for Vocabulary Unit #1 Test
1) Collect Vocabulary Unit #1 Puzzle
2) Vocabulary Unit #1 Test TODAY
1) Correct and collect Grammar: Types of Sentences Handout
2) "The Ravine" Elements of Plot Handout. Due Friday 9/13/19. We will have time to work on this in class tomorrow.
3) "The Ravine" Review. Be able to answer the following questions. You will not be turning this in.
- Who are the characters in the story?
- Is it a first or third person narrator?
- What is the setting of the story? Why is the setting specifically important to this story?
- What do these words mean? Conflict, internal conflict, external conflict, characterization (appearance, actions, thoughts, speech), inference, and evidence
- How does Vinny feel about going to the ravine?
- What do Vinny’s parents tell him about going to the ravine?
- What is the legend of the stone goddess? Which character believes this legend?
- How does Vinny experience peer pressure in this story?
- How does Vinny change by the end of the story?
1) Finish "The Ravine" Elements of Plot Handout. Due tomorrow.
2) STUDY for "The Ravine" quick quiz. See questions from yesterday's post. (Also passed out in class)
3) STUDY for Grammar Unit #1 Review Quiz. Can you identify the following in a sentence: simple subject, complete subject, compound subject, simple predicate, complete predicate, and compound predicate? Can you identify the different types of sentences: declarative, imperative, exclamatory, and interrogative?
1) Collect "The Ravine" Elements of Plot Handout.
2) "The Ravine" quick quiz. Use Illuminate on the computer.
3) Grammar Unit #1 Review Quiz. Use illuminate on the computer.