Reminder: Minimum Day Friday, Sept. 2 and Holiday (no school) Monday, Sept. 5
Acrostic Poem Project Due Friday 9/2/22
Monday, August 29, 2022
1) Begin reading "The Jumping Tree." Close Reader pgs. 3-8. We will read this story over two days. Define all of the vocabulary words in the margin. Complete ALL questions and tasks in the margins. ALL! Complete questions #1-6 and the Short Response on pg. 8. Restate the question in the answer and use complete sentences.
2) Homework: Complete the questions based on how many pages we read in class. For example, if we finish reading pg. 5, you would complete questions #1-3. ***pgs. 3-5 and all of the tasks and questions***
3) Reminder: Acrostic Poem Project is due Friday 9/2/22. You will have time in class tomorrow to work on the poem.
Tuesday, August 30, 2022-- Guest Teacher
1) Classwork/Homework: Write a story using your five challenge words: aptitude, ostracize, blatant, predominant, and lucid. Your story must be one full page (double spaced) on Google Docs. Your story must include the setting of an amusement park, use a first person narrator, and include at least four pieces of dialogue. This is due in Google Classroom on Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 6PM. *This assignment is posted in Google Classroom*
2) Work on your Acrostic Poem in class if you are not working on the story.
3) Read AR book.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
1) Finish reading "The Jumping Tree" in the Close Reader pgs. 3-8. Make sure you define all of the vocabulary words in the margin. Complete ALL questions and tasks in the margins. ALL! Complete questions #1-6 and the Short Response on pg. 8. Due Friday 9/2/22. "The Jumping Tree" PDF in case you don't have your Close Reader with you https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WaSXC6QHDgFVGtpjEzexXwzVxnJ_elMg/view?usp=sharing
2) Homework: Vocab story is due Friday 9/1/22 Close Reader pgs. 3-8 due Friday 9/2/22; and Acrostic Poem is due Friday 9/2/22.
Thursday, September 1, 2022
1) Vocab Story due tomorrow at 6PM in Google Classroom
2) AR Reading in class today
Friday, September 2, 2022 -- Minimum Day
1) Collect Close Reader booklets
2) Collect Acrostic Poems
3) AR Reading