HW #43: p.290 (1-25 odds)
*Ch. 5 Test tomorrow (11/3).
Solutions to the HW:
1. acute isosceles 3. 90 degrees 5. 35 and 55 degrees 7. 16 degrees
9. No (I explained in class) 11. segment TR and segment TV
13. segment SR and segment SV 15. no, there is not enough info to conclude that the two pairs or sides are congruent
17. yes; PROOF
1. angles E and H are congruent, angles F and J are congruent, and segments FG and JK are congruent - GIVEN
2. Triangles EFG and HJK are congruent by AAS Congruence Theorem
19. yes; PROOF
1. Angles PLN and MLN are congruent and angles PNL and MNL are congruent - GIVEN
2. Segments LN and LN are congruent - Reflexive Property of congruence
3. Triangles LPN and LMN are congruent - ASA Congruence Theorem
21. By the SAS Congruence Theorem the two triangles are congruent. Therefore, angles K and N are congruent by CPCTC.
23. OP = QR= square root of h squared and k squared
By the reflexive property of congruence, segments QO is congruent to QO. Therefore, the two triangles are congruent by SSS congruence theorem.
25. (2k, k)